|The Methodist Church - South Molton and Ringsash Circuit|
|Home Contact Us Churches Circuit Plan Special Events Regular Activities Local Info Rejoice Magazine Safeguarding||
Kings Nympton Chapel
The foundation stone of a new chapel was laid in July 1862 and the building was completed in 1863. An earlier Bible Christian chapel adjoins the main building and is known as the schoolroom. The chapel was "extensively" renovated in 1904 (at a cost of a little under £300!). Records from 1807 are on our village website.
Sunday Services are held at 11.00 a.m. A Bible Study Group meets in members' homes and a Women's Fellowship meets monthly in the school room. Harvest Thanksgiving Services are held in the third weekend in September - the weeknight service in the chapel is followed with a Harvest Supper in the Parish Hall.
There is good working relationship with the Parish Church - The rector lives in the village. Shared services are planned at Christmas, Remembrance Day. An Open Air Service is held on the Village Green in August. The Village Youth Club (11 -16 years) was formed by a joint initiative between the two churches.
The primary school and the pre-school share an attractive site in the centre of the village.
More details and coming events are on Kings Nympton Community Website: www.kingsnympton.org.uk